♡click to Donate♡
Because of you, Artwell has grown into an amazing art organization! With your gifts to Artwell Gallery, your community art center, you’ve helped to fill its schedule with art exhibitions, children’s events, music & dramatic performances, open mics, artists’ talks and life drawing sessions. You’ve helped launchdigital and fine art classes for all ages, solo artist shows and much more!
Your gift will help to:
- Launch new art initiatives in response to community requests;
- Continue our “Juried Show” and “Show for a Show” that feature new and emerging artists;
- Continue to provide a space for artists’ works to be seen and enjoyed;
- Continue to provide performance and poetry events;
- Support educational programs for children;
- Continue the art program for home schooled children;
- Provide art workshops for all ages;
- Increase gallery hours open to the public;
- Make improvements to our new space such as; 1. Track lighting and electrical improvements 2. A new floor (or for now, some area rugs to dampen the acoustics) 3. A small kitchen area in the gallery to service exhibit receptions, which will involve plumbing work. 4. Improve office space in the gallery loft, including flooring work and remodeling.
We have a target goal of $10,000 to bring all of this to fruition.
Your gift will help bring more people to Artwell to see and appreciate the works of our fine artists and to inspire young people to pursue an art career. Several artists have achieved success over the years because of their relationship with Artwell. You helped make this happen. Please keep up the good work!
“I’m an Artwell success story. I started with Artwell five years ago by entering a piece in “Show For A Show”.I have exhibited in a gallery in West Hartford, and have had the opportunity to do a one-woman show at the Atrium gallery at the Warner Theater. With Artwell’s help, my work has grown, and I’ve been able to gain a larger audience for my art than ever before.”
Sharon Porpiglia, Goshen, CT
“Artwell encouraged me to do my very best and to have the confidence that I needed to pursue my career in art. I began my 13-year love affair with Artwell when I was nine years old. I took a master drawing class at that time with Stewart Wilson and was warmly welcomed into the Artwell Family. Since that time, I have been an active member, showing my works, taking classes, volunteering for committees and being inspired by the many fine artists that belong to Artwell. This experience with Artwell led me to the Hartford Art School of the University of Hartford where I majored in drawing and minored in painting.” Mary-Selvi Ingoldsby
A Message from our Executive Director
Since our move to 45 Main Street in Torrington the number of people visiting the gallery has increased dramatically. Our proximity to The Arts Desire, Artspace/Torrington, the Nutmeg, and the Warner Theatre has brought new life to Artwell and made us a key player in the economic and creative renaissance sprouting up downtown. Heading into 2013, our goal at Artwell is to better serve northwestern Connecticut by providing high quality creative programming that showcases the work of our vibrant art community.
Thanks to all of you who have helped to bring us this far!
At Artwell we believe…
- in keeping the gallery available and affordable to everyone just as our motto says, “Art for All”
- in supporting more than ten exhibitions each year open to both members and non-members
- in working with local businesses to help make Torrington a cultural destination
- in promoting artwork, the artists who create it, and creative collaborations
- in continuing to provide a welcoming space and support for performances and literary events
- in arts education for children, seniors, and under-served populations
I hope that, at this time of the year, you will make a generous donation to our Appeal so that we can continue this important work with the same quality and enthusiasm that you have come to expect from us.
Michael K. Yurgeles
Executive Director ♡click to Donate online♡